SOUND INTERN – A2
The Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA) is
The Sound Intern – A2 shall work alongside professional sound, Equity
- Working and coordinating with the Sound Designer/Technician, Artistic Director, Music Director, Stage Manager, TD, and other theatre staff
- Installing and striking sound equipment for each production, along with the designer or other techs
- Preparing all mics for casts and musicians; mic checks for all performers before each performance
- Assist with the set-up of Clearcom/communications devices
- With Sound Designer/Technician, trouble-shooting sound issues and resolving mic issues in real time during performances as well as when
- Ability to pay attention and follow verbal and written directions
- Working knowledge of soundboard equipment (Yamaha Q5), a variety of speakers, monitors, microphones, and communication equipment (Clearcom) is a plus. Video knowledge is also helpful.
- Ability to problem solve quickly
REPORTS TO: The Sound Intern – A2 reports directly to the Sound Designer/Technician and the Equity Stage Manager. Final employment authority is with the Producer and Artistic Director.
COMMITMENT: This is a temporary independent contractor position running for the length of the production season, beginning mid-May and running through Labor Day. (Internships for one or two productions rather than the entire season are negotiable.) Depending on skills and qualifications, it is possible to combine this position with the Sound Technician position.
College credit: It is the student’s responsibility to arrange for college credit at his/her school. MSW/SCA is happy to assist by completing requested evaluations, reports or other documentation.
TO APPLY: Please supply a cover letter and resume (with reference contact information) to: Ellen Engle, MSW Producer / SCA Performance Manager, [email protected]
DEADLINE: Submissions will be accepted until March 29.