We hope it never rains, but in case it does …
We have options to delay the start or “pause” a performance in case of rain; please assume that your performance will go on as intended.
- We will make every effort to present the performance, and typically will not cancel the performance before 9:00 pm. If it’s raining at the start of a production we will ask patrons to wait under the Pavilion until the weather clears, then we will seat guests. We will wait up to one hour to “late start” a show. If after one hour the weather has not cleared we will reschedule tickets for another night during the run (if that is not an option we will offer Art Pass gift certificates or refunds).
- If it begins raining during a performance we will ask patrons to pick up their chairs and wait under the pavilion until the weather clears, then we will reseat guests. If rain prevents reseating a performance that is less than half over, we will reschedule tickets for another night during the run (if that is not an option we will offer Art Pass gift certificates or refunds). If rain prevents reseating a performance that is more than half over, it is considered a complete performance; no rescheduling or refunds will be available.
- If radar clearly shows an extended period of dangerous weather during the scheduled performance time, we reserve the right to cancel the performance. Patrons will be notified of the cancellation via email. Tickets will be rescheduled for another night during the run (if that is not an option we will offer Art Pass gift certificates or refunds).
Notice of delays or cancellations will be made over the theatre public address system, will be posted on Facebook, and also confirmed via email.
If a performance is cancelled before half the show has been performed, your ticket order will serve as your rain check.
In the case of a cancelled performance, beginning the following day, rain checks may be exchanged at the SCA Box Office for a ticket of the same value for any remaining theater performance of the same season subject to availability. Rain checks also may be redeemed for a full refund of the ticket price or donated back to the SCA. A refund will be issued to the purchaser on record with the SCA. A donation receipt reflecting the rain check value will be issued for tax purposes.
Rain checks must be redeemed by September 9, 2021 either in person or by phone to the SCA Box Office.
A delayed start time or the length of an interruption in the performance will be determined by theatre management on a per case basis.
- Bring your own chair. Our staff seats guests in a first-come, first-served manner, from the front by the stage, to the back of the Plaza. There is NO “bad seat” in the Plaza.
- Dress for the weather, watch the radar & bring an umbrella!
- The bar will remain open throughout the performance and during weather pauses.
- No outdoor food or beverages are allowed at performances.
- The SCA is a weapons-free, drug-free, smoke-free campus.