STAGE MANAGEMENT INTERN
The Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA) is
This internship will provide selected candidates with the opportunity to learn and work alongside professional Equity and non-Equity theatre personnel. Candidates with some experience and/or education in Theatre/Stage Management will be able to apply and enhance their knowledge base.
Stage Management personnel are expected to devote such amounts of time, energy and skill as may be necessary to perform the duties required hereunder, and shall perform each and every duty and obligation with due diligence and to the best of their knowledge, skill, judgment, and ability. Hours are dependent on rehearsal and performance times and include evenings and weekends.
- Assisting the Equity Stage Manager and Equity Assistant Stage Manager with all aspects of rehearsals, production meetings, and performances
- Preparing rehearsal and green room space
- Loading-in and striking stage management portions of each production
- Working and coordinating with casts, designers, directors and theatre staff
- Overseeing backstage staff during shows
- Meeting with theatre personnel, the Producer, the Board of Directors and/or others as designated by the Artistic Director
- EMC points available
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to follow directions and to work with minimal supervision
- Creative problem solving;
ableto make decisions “on-the-fly”
- Have appropriate physical condition to perform physical tasks such as moving properties and scenery
- Some Stage Management experience and/or education is a plus
REPORTS TO: The Stage Management Intern reports to the Stage Manager and the Assistant Stage Manager. Final employment authority is with the Producer and Artistic Director.
COMMITMENT: This is a non-Equity stage management position running for the length of
College credit: It is the student Intern’s responsibility to arrange for college credit at his/her school. MSW/SCA is happy to assist by completing requested evaluations, reports or other documentation.
TO APPLY: Please supply a cover letter and resume (with reference contact information)
DEADLINE: Submissions will be accepted until March 29