The Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA) is a non-profit art and cultural organization serving West Michigan’s lakeshore community. We offer year-round live performances, classes, and workshops for adults and children, outreach programs, festivals, exhibitions, a Farmer’s Market, and professional theatre in the summer through Mason Street Warehouse (MSW), an Equity theatre company.
This is a temporary independent contractor and/or internship position running for the length of a production, generally 3 weeks.
The Spot Operator / Spot Op Intern shall work alongside professional Equity and non-Equity theatre personnel. He or she shall perform each and every duty and obligation with due diligence and to the best of his/her knowledge, skill, judgment, and ability. The Spot Operator / LX Intern is expected to devote such amounts of time, energy and skill as may be necessary to perform the duties required hereunder.
Hours are dependent on performance times and include evenings and weekends. Training (an internship) is available to those with an interest, but no experience operating a
- Operating the spotlight as directed by the Stage Manager and other authorized technical personnel
- Timely attendance at all Technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals, Performances
- meeting with theatre personnel, the Producer, the Board of Directors and/or others as designated by the Artistic Director
- Working and coordinating with casts, designers, directors and theatre staff
back stagestaff during shows
- Meeting with theatre personnel, the Producer, the Board of Directors and/or others as designated by the Artistic Director
- EMC points available
- Able to pay attention and follow verbal directions
- Has appropriate physical condition to perform physical tasks such as moving
The Spot Operator reports directly to the (Equity) Stage Manager.
Please supply a cover letter and resume (with reference contact information)