MSW Running Crew / Set Maintenance Lead / Intern
The Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA) is a non-profit art and cultural organization serving West Michigan’s lakeshore community. We offer year-round live performances, classes, and workshops for adults and children, outreach programs, festivals, exhibitions, a Farmer’s Market, and professional theatre in the summer through Mason Street Warehouse (MSW), an Equity theatre company.
This is a temporary independent contractor position and/or internship running for the length of a production, generally 3-4 weeks. It is possible to hold this position for more than one production per season.
A member of the Running Crew shall work alongside professional Equity and non-Equity theatre personnel. He or she shall perform each and every duty and obligation with due diligence and to the best of his/her knowledge, skill, judgment, and ability. The crew person is expected to devote such amounts of time, energy and skill as may be necessary to perform the duties required hereunder.
Hours are dependent on performance times and include evenings and weekends. Training (an internship) is available to those with an interest, but no theatre crew experience. The Lead will work closely with the Technical Director and others on the running crew team.
Opportunities, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Moving set pieces and props as directed by the Stage Manager and other authorized technical personnel. Crew Maintenance Lead will make minor repairs to set and props, perhaps in real time during the performance.
- Timely attendance at all Technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals, Performances and photocalls
- meeting with theatre personnel, the Producer, the Board of Directors and/or others as designated by the Artistic Director
- Able to pay attention and follow verbal directions
- Basic construction knowledge (Maintenance Lead)
- Has appropriate physical condition to perform physical tasks such as moving scenery and properties
The Running Crew member and Set Maintenance Lead report directly to the (Equity) Stage Manager. Final employment authority is with the Producer and Artistic Director.
Please supply a cover letter and resume (with reference contact information) to: Ellen Engle, MSW Producer / SCA Performance Manager, [email protected]