MARKETING AND DESIGN INTERN
The Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA) is
The SCA’s Summer Marketing and Design Internship is a 10-week program that runs from May 21 through August. The aim of the program is to provide an immersive, interactive learning experience that lays the foundation for continued leadership development and success.
The Intern provides marketing and design support for all business areas in addition to marketing our services to the public and media. Alongside the Marketing Manager, the intern will paint the visual picture of the SCA by creating, designing and publishing our brand. Furthermore, the intern will be involved
- Writing press releases and creating media kits for media distribution
- Photography, editing, and exporting for both web and print
- Writing scripts for morning news broadcast
- On-air hosting of
weeklysummer news broadcast
- Producing quality branding material to be used in regional and national media
- Producing material to be used on the SCA website, social media, and print pieces
- Networking with colleagues and build relationships with members, donors, sponsors and more
- Exploring West Michigan and sharing the SCA’s programming with others
Our ideal candidate has:
- A passion for visual storytelling
- Technical competency in Adobe CC Programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Exemplary organizational skills and a deadline-oriented work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision
- Experience with scriptwriting and copy writing
- A professional appearance and attitude always
- An eagerness to learn and is enthusiastic and creative
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Ability to engage successfully with others
- Undergraduate students must be a junior or senior at an accredited institution or have graduated within 12 months of the program. Graduate students must be enrolled at an accredited institution or have graduated within 12 months of the program.
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA from an accredited institution
REPORTS TO: The Marketing and Design Intern reports to the Marketing Manager.
COMMITMENT: This is a part-time contracted position, approximately 20-25 hours per week including some weekends and evenings. Hours will vary week-to-week. It may be possible to schedule this internship with another position or part-time job.
Use of a personal vehicle, phone, and computer is expected.
COMPENSATION: The intern will be paid a stipend and mileage expenses at the completion of the internship.
College credit: It is the student Intern’s responsibility to arrange for college credit at his/her school. The SCA is happy to assist by completing requested evaluations, reports or other documentation.
TO APPLY: Please supply a cover letter, resume, and examples of your work
DEADLINE: Submissions will be accepted until Feb 28, 2019.