The Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA) is
The SCA is currently recruiting Event Assistants for Spring/Summer/Fall 2019. We are looking for someone who feels comfortable working with guests of the SCA, caterers, bartenders, volunteers, wedding planners, and others within our facility. You play a key role in offering the highest levels of customer service to patrons at the SCA as an Event Assistant.
The SCA is seeking 4-5 additional Event Assistants for 2019.
The creative, organized, and
As the front line of the SCA, the Event Assistant must maintain the image of the SCA to customers, visitors, and/or any incoming communication in the area. The Event Assistant is the “face of the SCA” in terms of attitude, competency, knowledge, and appearance.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Working with the Education/Exhibition Manager, Performance Manager, Rental Coordinator, Hospitality Manager, and Operations Manager to execute requirements for performance/event contracts including:
- Setting-up & tearing-down for classes, films, gallery talks, lectures, and more
- Preparing hospitality requests for Artist / Lecturer / Instructor
- Setting up dressing rooms
- Managing bar and merchandise sales
- Collecting money during a performance/event
- Cleaning up the night of the event
- Opening/Closing/Securing the facility before and after each event
- Working with the Rental Coordinator to execute rental events including weddings, receptions, and special events year-round (heavy emphasis May – September).
- Assist at performances and special events as needed
- Wash on-site laundry as needed
- Maintain facility cleanliness before, during, and after events
- Organize kitchen, recyclables, and returnables
- Be knowledgeable about the SCA website, Facebook page, and the Saugatuck area
- Lift materials of up to 40 pounds on occasion
- Work with the public (guests), performers, vendors, volunteers, and other SCA staff
- Must possess exemplary interpersonal skills, and be able to interact with staff, board, volunteers, guests, instructors and performers in a professional manner.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experience working with volunteers desired
- Money handling and retail experience utilizing cash registers desired
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player
- Ability to follow written and verbal direction
- Must be comfortable being in the building alone
- Must be 18 or older to apply
REPORTS TO: Event Assistants
COMMITMENT: This person fulfills a seasonal, 10-20 hour/week position at the Saugatuck Center for the Arts. Employees must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends. This job is performed throughout the entire SCA property.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to
DEADLINE: Submissions will be accepted until March 30th