Patron Liability Waiver
By purchasing a ticket to an SCA event, patrons agree to our liability waiver and agree to read our patron FAQ & Rules.
I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and that the CDC and many other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing. I further acknowledge that the Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. I further acknowledge that the SCA cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with COVID-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, SCA staff, vendors, and other SCA patrons and their families. Should I become infected with COVID-19, however that may occur, I will hold the SCA harmless and not seek any legal action against the Saugatuck Center for the Arts.
I voluntarily seek entertainment services provided by the SCA and acknowledge that I am increasing my risk to exposure to COVID-19. I acknowledge that I must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while attending any SCA programming. If I become diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days after attending an SCA event, I also agree to notify the SCA and the local health department in which I live and/or are visiting.
I attest that:
- I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
- I have not traveled to/from a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
- I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by a health authority.
- I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to COVID-19.
- I hereby release and agree to hold the SCA harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of the SCA, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any services received from the SCA. I understand that this release discharges the SCA from any liability or claim that I, my heirs, or any personal representatives may have against the SCA with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage that may arise from, or in connection to, any services received from the SCA. This liability waiver and release extends to the SCA together with all owners, partners, and employees.
Patrons with pre-purchased tickets may enter via Culver St. or via the City Lot. They should show their electronic or pre-printed ticket to the SCA representative at a check-in station to have their name crossed off the pre-purchased list (printed 2 hours prior to opening). Patrons may be asked to verify ID.
Same-day tickets may be purchased from the SCA Box Office under the Pavillion between 4:30 and 8pm. Please enter via the City Lot. Once tickets are purchased, please proceed through the Rain Garden to the seating area check-in where an usher will guide you to your seat.
Check-In #2 (near the City Lot) is a Barrier-Free Entrance, as it is most convenient for vehicles requiring accessible parking spaces and/or needing to purchase same-day tickets. For pre-purchased tickets that do not require parking, Check #1 (Culver St.) is the shortest distance to the seating area.
All seating is general admission and will be spaced out with 6ft. between patron units until further notice. A patron unit is described as either a family or group of ticket purchasers who’ve agreed to sit together. Patron units purchasing tickets onsite, who intend to sit together, must arrive together. No saving spots! When you arrive, an usher will guide single patrons or patron units to their designated location while ensuring appropriate social distancing is enforced.
This event is BYOC (Bring Your Own Chairs) — The SCA recommends low, standard collapsable chairs measuring approximately 33”W x 19.69”D x 33”H, and measuring 12” or less from the ground.
Exiting the SCA
At the end of the performance, all patrons are encouraged to exit via the Culver St. sidewalk with direction from an usher.
In case of light rain, heavy winds or lightning, patrons are encouraged to proceed to their cars to await direction on postponements and/or cancellation. Notification will be made via social media.
In case immediate shelter is required, as in the case of a tornado, the theatre will be opened and patrons are invited to enter or return to their vehicles. Once in the building, patrons are asked to continue appropriate social distancing as the situation allows.
In the event of a cancellation, customers will have the opportunity to either transfer each ticket to the rescheduled performance date, donate the value of the ticket to the SCA, transfer the ticket value to an SCA Art Pass, or receive a refund for the face value of the ticket (before fees).
For the comfort and safety of all patrons, please respect the following rules:
- Per the Governor’s Executive Orders masks are required outdoors when 6-foot social distancing is not possible. To keep you, other guests, and our staff safe we require that you wear a mask when NOT at your seats (when entering and exiting, at the bar, as you walk to the restrooms, etc.). If you choose you may take your mask off when in your seating area.
- For your benefit, minimal-contact sanitizing stations will be positioned throughout the event space.
- If someone in your household has symptoms or has been confirmed as a COVID-19 carrier, we ask that you do not attend an SCA Event to limit exposure.
- If someone in your household is confirmed as a COVID-19 carrier within 2 weeks after attending an SCA event, we ask that you notify us so we may notify the Allegan County Health Department and fellow patrons as deemed necessary.
- If a patron becomes ill during an event, please see an SCA Staff Member immediately.
- Please no outside food or beverages. When you support our bar and food vendors, you’re helping keep admission costs low, supporting our small town, and local vendors.
- No bicycles, roller blades, skooters, or skateboards permitted in the event space.
- For everyone’s enjoyment, no smoking on SCA property.
- No dogs or other pets allowed, except personal assistance dogs.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
- Please no purses or bags larger than a small purse (6-12” width).
- No alcohol outside the parking lot, pavilion or rain garden.
And be sure to bring these…
- This event is BYOC (Bring Your Own Chairs) — The SCA recommends standard collapsable chairs measuring approximately 33”W x 19.69”D x 33”H, and measuring 12” or less from the ground.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- Photo ID for access to bar service
- Smiling faces and dancing shoes!
- The SCA highly encourages credit card payments to minimize contact, but exact cash payments will be accepted.
- Lost & Found and a First Aid Kit is located at the Culver St. Check-In
- Small hand-held personal umbrellas are welcome, but leave your large lawn umbrella that get inserted into grass at home
- Stay current on weather updates and performance updates through the SCA’s social media alerts
- At this time, the SCA outdoor space is not equipped with T-Coil technology.
If the spirit moves you, we invite you to dance it in the back of the lot (behind seated patrons) and appropriately distanced from fellow dancers. Nobody puts Baby in the corner!