COMPANY MANAGEMENT INTERN
The Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA) is
This Company Management internship will provide the student or young professional with an opportunity to experience a variety of aspects relating to the overall management of a resident Equity theatre company (Mason Street Warehouse), as well as professional entertainment & performance events. This internship will provide the selected candidate with the opportunity to learn and work alongside a Hospitality Operations professional as well as several other industry professionals.
The Intern will be instructed in a variety of areas, including travel, accommodations, hospitality, special events coordination, and customer relations. The Company Management Intern is expected to perform each duty and obligation with due diligence and to the best of his/her knowledge, skill, judgment, and ability, expanding capabilities as the internship progresses.
- Attending staff meetings, production meetings, select performances, and special events
- Assisting the Performance Manager and/or Operations Manager with arrangements for performer housing, travel, and hospitality
- Coordinating and booking travel arrangements for performers
- Inspecting potential accommodations and reporting to the Producer / Performance Manager and Operations Manager
- Coordinating the move of furniture, appliances, dishes, linens,
TV / internethook-ups, etc. Physical labor (including some furniture moving and potential cleaning)
- Coordinating move-in and move-out days with the Operations Manager
- Coordinating with the Operations Manager and Hospitality Coordinator for special events (annual benefit, summer exhibition opening, Director’s Circle performances, etc.)
- Managing hospitality for photo calls, cast brunches, opening nights and cast parties, alongside the Operations/Company Manager
- Assisting the Operations Manager with volunteer coordination for events
- Answering phones, copying, and filing as needed
- Being knowledgeable about the SCA website, social media pages, and the Saugatuck area
- Using Google Calendar and the Google Suite
- Taking direction, working unsupervised, and taking
- Organizing and handling multiple tasks at once
The Intern must be very organized, professional and charming; a concierge working for and with our artists and various community partners. He/she represents the Saugatuck Center for the Arts and Mason Street Warehouse, and must happily assist actors and staff while they are traveling, working, and staying in the Saugatuck area.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an outgoing, engaging personality
- Exemplary organizational skills and a deadline-oriented work ethic
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision
- A professional demeanor over the phone, person to person, and through e-mail
- A professional appearance and attitude always
- Appropriate physical condition to perform physical tasks such as lifting, moving, etc.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Hospitality, Events, or Performance Management background preferred
- Must have
REPORTS TO: The Company Management Intern reports to the Operations Manager.
COMMITMENT: This is a part-time contracted position, approximately 20-25 hours per week including some weekends and evenings. Hours will vary week-to-week. Total hours through the duration of the internship will equal 400 or more. It may be possible to schedule this internship with another position or part-time job.
Internship is to begin mid-April and run through mid-September. Dates are negotiable.
Use of a personal vehicle, phone, and computer is expected.
COMPENSATION: Weekly stipend approx. $250.
College credit: It is the student Intern’s responsibility to arrange for college credit at his/her school. MSW/SCA is happy to assist by completing requested evaluations, reports or other documentation.
TO APPLY: Please supply a cover letter and resume (with reference contact information) to:
Hannah Lyon, Operations and Company Manager, [email protected]
DEADLINE: Submissions will be accepted until March 15.