BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATE
The Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA) is a non-profit arts and cultural organization serving West Michigan’s lakeshore community. We offer year-round live performances, classes, and workshops for adults and children, outreach programs, festivals, exhibitions, a Farmer’s Market, and professional theatre in the summer.
The SCA is currently recruiting Box Office Assistants (BOA) for the Summer 2019 season. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about theatre and delivering exceptional sales and customer services. Working with the Box Office Supervisor, BOAs will act as the principle point of welcome to visitors at the SCA. They need to the offer the highest levels of customer service to patrons in person, by telephone and by email to maximize sales for the SCA.
The SCA is seeking 1 Box Office Associates for Summer 2020.
As the front line of the SCA, the Box Office Associate is a position that must maintain the image of the SCA to customers, visitors, and or any incoming communication in the area. The BOA, then, is the “face” of the SCA in terms of attitude, competency, knowledge, and appearance.
Tickets for concerts, theatre performances, camps, classes, films and more, are sold through the box office. The BOA’s duties are performed within the SCA box office and front-of-house areas. Working as a BOA at the SCA requires extensive contact with the public and the ability to work collaboratively with SCA employees. The Box Office is open every day beginning May 1 through September 8, 2020.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Being knowledgeable about the SCA’s offerings, the website, social media pages, and the general Saugatuck-Douglas area
- Welcoming visitors and volunteers to the SCA and answering inquiries
- Completing and signing the daily checklist form for opening and closing tasks and some light cleaning
- Operating the SCA online ticketing system and thermal ticket printer
- Processing ticket orders over the phone or in person
- Following the SCA money handling procedures
- Operating the phone and voicemail system
- Monitoring and reporting suspicious or unsafe behaviors
- Using Google Suite: Calendar, Email, Drive
- Lifting materials of up to 20 pounds
- Working unsupervised and taking the initiative to solve problems
- Organizing and handling multiple tasks at once
- Showing exemplary interpersonal skills and having an outgoing, engaging personality
- At least 2 years of experience in customer service
- Prior money handling experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions promptly
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and attitude
- Must be able to work well under pressure and feel comfortable troubleshooting on the spot
- Must be 18 or older to apply
REPORTS TO: Box Office Associates report to the Box Office Supervisor and Operations Manager.
COMMITMENT: Box Office Associates fulfill a seasonal, 20 hour/week position as a customer service representative within the Box Office and other front-of-house areas of the SCA. Employees must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends (May 1 – September 1).
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to Operations Manager Hannah Lyon at email@example.com
DEADLINE: Submissions will be accepted until March 30th