It’s BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair) as the SCA’s parking lot becomes a socially distanced concert venue. Our staff will ensure you are safe and comfortable for the performance; a cash bar will be available for guests.
Founded in 2009 at the University of Michigan, the Akropolis has won seven national chamber music prizes since 2011, including the 2014 Fischoff Gold Medal and the 2015 Fischoff Educator Award. The Akropolis is an alumnus of APAP’s prestigious Young Performer’s Career Advancement Program and has received grants from the National Endowment for the Arts (Art Works), the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs, CultureSource, Quicken Loans, and Chamber Music America, as well as operating support from the Aaron Copland for Music and the Amphion Foundation.
The Akropolis Reed Quintet‘s impressive list of recent and upcoming appearances include stops at Caramoor, Chamber Music Northwest, the Chautauqua Institution, the Artist Series of Sarasota, Chamber Music Abu Dhabi, and Chamber Music Columbus. The Quintet has been awarded a juried showcase at APAP (YPCA), Chamber Music America twice, the Performing Arts Exchange, the Western Arts Alliance, and the Mid-Atlantic Performing Arts Market. With three studio albums, including its March 2017 release of The Space Between Us, called “pure gold” by the San Francisco Chronicle. Akropolis has received grants from the National Endowment for the Arts, Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs & Chamber Music America for their adventurous artistry and compelling community programming in Detroit, MI.
SCA OUTDOOR PERFORMANCE FAQs
All seating is general admission and all patrons units will have 6ft. of distance spaced between each other. A patron unit is described as either a family or group of ticket purchasers who’ve agreed to sit together. All patron units who intend to sit together, whether purchasing early or same-day tickets, must arrive with their chairs together. You will not be seated unless your full unit is present. Please note that while seating is considered general admission, your patron unit will be assigned a designated space upon arrival on a first-come-first-serve basis. While the SCA staff is prepared to seat you quickly, safely, and efficiently, you may want to arrive early to avoid potential lines and enjoy refreshments.
Patron Liability Waiver
By purchasing a ticket to an SCA event, patrons agree to our liability waiver (Scroll down) and agree to read our patron FAQ & Rules.
Patrons may enter via Culver St. or via the City Lot. They should check in with the SCA representative at a check-in station to have their name crossed off the guest list. Patrons may be asked to verify ID.
Our barrier-free entrance is located on the City Lot side of the SCA, as it is most convenient for vehicles requiring accessible parking spaces and/or needing to purchase same-day tickets. For pre-purchased tickets that do not require parking, Check #1 (Culver St.) is the shortest distance to the seating area. If we can make your experience more comfortable or accessible, please contact email@example.com
All seating is general admission and will be spaced out with 6ft. between patron units until further notice. A patron unit is described as either a family or group of ticket purchasers who’ve agreed to sit together. Patron units purchasing tickets onsite, who intend to sit together, must arrive together. No saving spots! When you arrive, an usher will guide single patrons or patron units to their designated location while ensuring appropriate social distancing is enforced.
This event is BYOC (Bring Your Own Chairs) — The SCA recommends low, standard collapsable chairs measuring approximately 33”W x 19.69”D x 33”H, and measuring 12” or less from the ground.
Exiting the SCA
At the end of the performance, all patrons are encouraged to exit via the Culver St. sidewalk with direction from an usher.
In case of light rain, heavy winds or lightning, patrons are encouraged to proceed to their cars to await direction on postponements and/or cancellation. Notification will be made via social media.
In case immediate shelter is required, as in the case of a tornado, the theatre will be opened and patrons are invited to enter or return to their vehicles. Once in the building, patrons are asked to continue appropriate social distancing as the situation allows.
For the comfort and safety of all patrons, please respect the following rules:
- Per the Governor’s Executive Orders masks are required outdoors when 6-foot social distancing is not possible. To keep you, other guests, and our staff safe we require that you wear a mask when NOT at your seats (when entering and exiting, at the bar, as you walk to the restrooms, etc.). If you choose you may take your mask off when in your seating area.
- For your benefit, minimal-contact sanitizing stations will be positioned throughout the event space.
- If someone in your household has symptoms or has been confirmed as a COVID-19 carrier, we ask that you do not attend an SCA Event to limit exposure.
- If someone in your household is confirmed as a COVID-19 carrier within 2 weeks after attending an SCA event, we ask that you notify us so we may notify the Allegan County Health Department and fellow patrons as deemed necessary.
- If a patron becomes ill during an event, please see an SCA Staff Member immediately.
- Please, no outside food or beverages. When you support our bar and food vendors, you’re helping keep admission costs low, supporting our small town, and local vendors.
- For everyone’s enjoyment, no smoking or vaping on SCA property.
- No dogs or other pets allowed, except personal assistance dogs.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
- Please no purses or bags larger than a small purse (6-12” width).
- No alcohol outside the parking lot, pavilion or rain garden.
And be sure to bring these…
- This event is BYOC (Bring Your Own Chairs) — The SCA recommends standard collapsable chairs measuring approximately 33”W x 19”D x 33”H, and measuring 12” or less from the ground.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- Photo ID for access to bar service
- The SCA highly encourages credit card payments to minimize contact, but exact cash payments will be accepted.
- Small hand-held personal umbrellas are welcome but leave your large lawn umbrella, that gets inserted into the grass, at home.
- Stay current on weather updates and performance updates through the SCA’s social media alerts.
- At this time, the SCA outdoor space is not equipped with T-Coil technology.
Patron Liability Waiver
I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and that the CDC and many other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing. I further acknowledge that the Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. I further acknowledge that the SCA cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with COVID-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, SCA staff, vendors, and other SCA patrons and their families. Should I become infected with COVID-19, however that may occur, I will hold the SCA harmless and not seek any legal action against the Saugatuck Center for the Arts.
I voluntarily seek entertainment services provided by the SCA and acknowledge that I am increasing my risk to exposure to COVID-19. I acknowledge that I must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while attending any SCA programming. If I become diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days after attending an SCA event, I also agree to notify the SCA and the local health department in which I live and/or are visiting.
I attest that:
- I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
- I have not traveled to/from a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
- I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by a health authority.
- I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to COVID-19.
- I hereby release and agree to hold the SCA harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of the SCA, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any services received from the SCA. I understand that this release discharges the SCA from any liability or claim that I, my heirs, or any personal representatives may have against the SCA with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage that may arise from, or in connection to, any services received from the SCA. This liability waiver and release extends to the SCA together with all owners, partners, and employees.
Outdoor Concert Map at the Saugatuck Center for the Arts