The Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA) is
This internship will provide selected candidates with the opportunity to learn and work alongside professional Equity and non-Equity theatre personnel, applying and enhancing their knowledge bases. Acting Interns are expected to perform each and every duty and obligation with due diligence and to the best of their knowledge, skill, judgment, and ability. The Acting Intern is expected to devote such amounts of time, energy and skill as may be necessary to perform the duties required hereunder. Hours are dependent on rehearsal and performance times and include evenings and weekends. Acting Interns must audition to be cast.
Acting Intern opportunities, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learning all lines, choreography
- Timely attendance at all rehearsals, technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals, dance calls, costume fittings, performances, and photocalls
- Performing as directed by the Director and Stage Manager
- Meeting with theatre personnel, the Producer, the Board of Directors and/or others as designated by the Artistic Director
- EMC points available
- Ability to act, sing, dance as pertinent to the role(s)
- Has appropriate physical strength/condition to perform
REPORTS TO: The Acting Intern reports directly to the Equity Stage Manager. Final employment authority is with the Producer and Artistic Director.
COMMITMENT: This is a temporary independent contractor position running for the length of
College credit: It is the student Intern’s responsibility to arrange for college credit at his/her school. MSW/SCA is happy to assist by completing requested evaluations, reports or other documentation.
TO APPLY: Please supply a cover letter, headshot and resume to:
Ellen Engle, MSW Producer / SCA Performance Manager, [email protected]
DEADLINE: Submissions will be accepted prior to posted audition dates.