The Saugatuck Center for the Arts (SCA) is a non-profit arts and cultural organization serving West Michigan’s lakeshore community. We offer year-round live performances, classes, and workshops for adults and children, outreach programs, festivals, exhibitions, a farmer’s market, and professional theatre in the summer through Mason Street Warehouse (MSW), an Equity theatre company.
This internship will provide selected candidates with the opportunity to learn and work alongside professional Equity and non-Equity theatre personnel, applying and enhancing their knowledge bases. Acting Interns are expected to perform each and every duty and obligation with due diligence and to the best of their knowledge, skill, judgment, and ability. The Acting Intern is expected to devote such amounts of time, energy and skill as may be necessary to perform the duties required hereunder. Hours are dependent on rehearsal and performance times and include evenings and weekends. Acting Interns must audition to be cast.
Acting Intern opportunities, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learning all lines, choreography and staging
- Timely attendance at all rehearsals, technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals, dance calls, costume fittings, performances, and photo calls
- Performing as directed by the Director and Stage Manager
- Meeting with theatre personnel, the Producer, the Board of Directors and/or others as designated by the Artistic Director
- Equity Membership Candidate points available
- Ability to act, sing, dance as pertinent to the role(s)
- Has appropriate physical strength/condition to perform
REPORTS TO: The Acting Intern reports directly to the Equity Stage Manager. Final employment authority is with the Producer and Artistic Director.
COMMITMENT: This is a temporary independent contractor position running for the length of a production, generally 7 weeks. Auditions will be held by appointment only, in the first quarter of the year. Check website for more information and to make an audition appointment.
COMPENSATION: Negotiable. Housing is available.
College credit: It is the student Intern’s responsibility to arrange for college credit at his/her school. MSW/SCA is happy to assist by completing requested evaluations, reports or other documentation.
TO APPLY: Please supply a cover letter, headshot and resume to: Ellen Engle, MSW Producer / SCA Performance Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Submissions will be accepted prior to posted audition dates.